HOW I BECAME A BUDGETING QUEEN

HOW I BECAME A BUDGETING QUEEN

In my early 20's I was fortunate enough to be a full charge bookkeeper for a small company. And my boss was a tyrant. I had to know the bank balance at any given moment. If the reconcile was one penny off, I would silently sweat in a panic as he paced behind me not letting him in on the error until I found it, only then brushing it off as a simple oversight.

It was the best job I ever had.

Crazy? Nope. I became a very nimble money minder. To this day, I keep track of every receipt, every expense, I seek out ways to improve my systems, I read about home budgets, 'budgeting your money', and read tips on budgeting from any source I find.

Over the years, I began to notice that all the articles I had read were repeating themselves. I knew these techniques and had been using them. I wanted something new, and yet all I could find were the same ideas reassembled in a new article.

It was then that I realized I had come full circle. I had learned and applied these techniques, but still our home budget was always in the negative. Why were we living paycheck to paycheck? There was something missing from my home budgeting puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment