A CHINK IN MY BUDGETING ARMOR

A CHINK IN MY BUDGETING ARMOR

I have to tell you first that I also married a spender. One day he came home with a brand new truck. Oh yes, you read that right. A new TRUCK. No previous discussion, just "Hi Honey! I'm home! Come check this out!"

Now, I'm the saver and I would happily stay at home and admire our savings account balance rather than go on a vacation. My husband LOVES to eat out, go on road trips, stay in hotels. ARGHHHHH!!! This is agony for my saver personality, but we found middle ground in order to gain the biggest savings of all... our marriage.

The middle ground was that I would relax a little and he would tighten up a little. Fewer road trips, cheaper and less frequent restaurants, and from here on out, only used cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment